McFly Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

everything i knew

3 posters

Go down

everything i knew Empty everything i knew

Post  enchantée Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:22 pm

TITLE: EVERYTHING I KNEW
AUTHOR: LIZ
CHARACTERS: McFLY, Cindy Lovington, Marlene Evans, Seth Adams, Ramona Scott, Travis Wheeler, Keith Humphrey, Don Sutherland, Lia Lovington, Evie Sutherland, Tanya Watson
RATING: Not yet rated .. I'll get back to you guys on this.
DISCLAIMER: (copied from my fic community on livejournal) I do not own McFLY, nor am I affiliated with the band, their management, etc. The stories that I write here are strictly fiction, and only fiction; none of it is real. The influence I get from these fics are mostly from songs that I listen to and other various things. I hope for the most part no one takes these fics seriously as they all are just characters from another world ...
SUMMARY: Everything I knew just went out the window...

---------------------------------------------------------------------

one .
A new start ; Holiday - Boys Like Girls

She sat in her temporary desk in the building where the headquarters of a college-based entertainment magazine, ‘Voices’ was held. She waited for the editor and her boss, Marlene Evans, to arrive as she had already done her routine errands prior to her arrival (to make sure everything was in order, two to-go cups of coffee to arrive a minute after she actually arrived, and for her daily newspapers to read spread all across her desk). While she waited, she checked her page-long list of unread emails from her friends; most were spam mail while others were actual emails from her friends.

She, Cindy Lovington, was only a college student. She has been a part of the magazine for almost a year. It was an internship originally for her first quarter of her third year at Brown University. Since Marlene liked her so much, she wanted to have her for the rest of the year, possibly for the remaining of her education in the University. She was, and still is, the youngest employee within the building. At only twenty-one, she was already a dedicated assistant to Marlene, not to mention a brilliant writer and photographer.

Being those things was Cindy’s life. She wanted to be a part of a successful magazine ever since she was in Kindergarten. Well, little did she know two decades later she would end up working for one of her recent favorite magazines (which was compared to the Rolling Stones magazine), not to mention working with one of her immediate idols. Her dream was almost true! Although she had to wonder…would she ever get her chance?

“Blah, blah, blah…no I am not available on that day, David; sorry for you.” Cindy’s green eyes scanned one of her emails quickly, line by line. She rolled her eyes and deleted that email, and went to the next. She slouched in her seat while she checked her email.

“…Did I not teach you how to sit up properly, Cindy?” The sweet, yet demanding voice of Marlene Evans had abruptly caught Cindy off guard as her wireless mouse slipped to the carpet floor. The top of her head accidentally hit the edge of the desk, in which you hear a loud “OW” come out from her mouth.

Just nearly a minute later, she heard Marlene call her into the office urgently. Quickly, but cautiously, Cindy stood up from the ground and placed the mouse back on its pad. She adjusted her long sleeved white blouse and long black business skirt, and made her way inside. Just not before she nearly lost balance in her black stilettos.

“Yes, Marlene?” Cindy soon realized her long brown hair was partly a mess after she bent down to grab the mouse. She quickly fixed it and was finally ready to face the older woman who, in her opinion, never failed to dress imperfectly.

“It has been a week since your exams ended,” Marlene began. “I have spoken to your English professor and coordinator for this internship earlier this morning to discuss about your final grades.”

Marlene paused. Cindy gulped. She remembered she crammed all her study guides and pulled all-nighters to at least receive good grades for each of her classes. After taking those exams, she had low confidence that she would fail anyway.

Marlene took a deep breath and continued. “I must say…you did exceptionally well. You kept up with all of your grades; you passed all of your classes with A’s and B’s.”

A smile formed from ear to ear. Cindy couldn’t believe it. After all of her hard work this year, including the magazine, she still had her mind set straight. “Wow, that’s…that’s…”

“Which brings me to my next plan for you: you wouldn’t happen to already register for summer sessions at Brown, did you?”

Cindy shook her head for her answer, “No, Marlene. I wasn’t planning to. I was thinking of taking an actual summer break to...you know, relax.”

“Oh,” Marlene added a small laugh. “I might have a better alternative plan for you.”

Cindy was confused. Her last day for ‘Voices’ wasn’t until tomorrow. Was Marlene planning for something more? “…And what, exactly, might that be?”

Marlene bent forward behind her desk to take out something. Cindy took a step forward as she curiously watched her every move. She noticed that it was a Nikon D60 Camera that she held and gaped on. If only she could have her hands on something that can take very high quality pictures. Marlene smiled at her once she handed it to her.

“Oh, wow…” Cindy said breathlessly as she examined the camera on her own. She smiled to herself as she looked through the vision with one eye. “…It’s beautiful.”

“And it’s yours.” Marlene added.

“This? I don’t think I could be able to afford this—”

“It’s yours, Cindy. You can use it for your trip to England.”

Cindy nearly had the brand new camera slip through her fingers. She held it tightly and eyed Marlene in even more confusion. Her eyes squinted with more curiosity. “Where are you going with this, Marlene?”

“I have been planning this for a long, long time. You are very gifted, Cindy. I’ve seen your work and your artistic mind in pictures. You are a responsible human being and a perfect model for this magazine. We at ‘Voices’ have been trying to find the perfect person for a project we’ve been working on for almost a year now, but it never pulled through. We felt that we could wait until this day to find someone fresh and new to do this project—and I think we’ve found our winner.”

“…Me?” Cindy’s eyes lit up. Marlene nodded with another smile. “I-I…wow. I…wow, I don’t know what to say! Well, um, what is it that you want me to do?”

“There’s this band that is literally huge over there at the moment. I’m not so sure if you have heard of them, but they’re named ‘McFLY’.” An amused look was seen on Cindy’s face, but Marlene continued, “They came here a little over a year ago. Just in New York and California to promote the movie that they appeared on with Lindsay Lohan.”

“Bleh.” Cindy was disgusted by her name, “…Go on.”

“They’ve only done small shows, one day only per state. Then, they never came back.”

“Tragic.”

“But we were the only magazine who’d ever wanted them to come back! They’re very talented musicians, let me tell you! We wanted to have them come in for an interview, but unfortunately they’ve never called back. But it wasn’t until about a week ago, when their manager finally did. He said to bring one of our people there to follow them around.”

“So, you want me to take pictures of every waking moment of the band’s life? A photo-biography, maybe? Even when they’re undressed—”

“Their upcoming promo tour. You’ll take pictures of their tour, of the band, of anything related to their work. You’ll also be able to take random pictures in your spare time of your interests. I’m commissioning you to do this, Cindy. This must be serious work here. This is your chance to show your talent to the world. Then when you come back, we’ll have a double-page issue with your experience and pictures that are the best to publish.”

Cindy felt this was unreal. She was finally getting her chance to shine in one of the most beautiful and amazing countries in the world for, in her opinion, the best magazine ever. It took her a few minutes to take all the information in, until she finally thought of a question. “Will I get paid?”

Marlene continued to give Cindy a little more information after. Of course she will be paid. This was a big project they had to put off for a year! But she wouldn’t know how much until she comes back from her trip.

It was the first day of June, exactly a week after Cindy was supposed to leave ‘Voices’ Magazine. She had a week to pack for a two and a half month trip to England; a country she has been eager to go to, but also knew little information about the lifestyle. The only thing she knew is that the British are very polite and respectable—according to her co-assistant, Felicity, who was the one who’s seen McFLY when they were in New York.

Cindy had her carryon and a rolling luggage with her at the airport. She was only accompanied by Marlene, since her parents were all the way in Seattle, where they now reside. Before Cindy could get to the security point, Marlene had a few last words for her.

“You have your camera and accessories, package of medium-sized notepads, a box of pens, phone and your macbook?” She asked as if she read through a checklist.

“Yep. They were the first things that I have packed.” Cindy smiled.

“Now, once you arrive, one of the band’s assistants will give you a ride to your stay. And from then on, you’ll meet the band’s manager, Don, and he’ll give you the details on your weekly itineraries. I also forgot to mention this last week,” She continued, “But you do know there are certain rules for this assignment.”

Cindy was ready for it; she has never been more prepared in her life. “One; do as your told, two; email me every chance you get, three; just let yourself go and have fun—meet new people.”

“Oh, all of that, I can do.”

“Lastly, no canoodling with the band members or anything related to that. It’s like the rules assistants having affairs with their boss. This is strictly business. I trust you with my life, Lovington. You’re the best for the job. If anything goes wrong, there could be some major consequences—and I mean major.”
enchantée
enchantée

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2008-04-24

http://community.livejournal.com/douzie_fics

Back to top Go down

everything i knew Empty Re: everything i knew

Post  mcflyJBdarch Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:08 am

hey there... im sure this fic is gana be great.. im gana be reading it early tomorrow.. right when i get back on the comp.. Smile

i just dont wanna view it witout leaving a comment.. soo yeah,, here it is.. Smile imma let u hear about ur fic.. ryt after i read it.. arrayt?? Smile

I love you tongue
mcflyJBdarch
mcflyJBdarch

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post  kaisthelimit Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:28 am

[center]ooohh
no canoodling with the band members
like harry and izzy
wonder what'll happen next? Very Happy
update more Smile Smile
kaisthelimit
kaisthelimit

Number of posts : 1884
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post  mcflyJBdarch Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:06 pm

whoah.. ill be reading this till the very end.. Razz very nice chap!!!

update sooooon!!!!!
mcflyJBdarch
mcflyJBdarch

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post  enchantée Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:11 am

KAI wrote:[center]ooohh
no canoodling with the band members
like harry and izzy
wonder what'll happen next? Very Happy
update more Smile Smile

Hah, just to be clear, this fic was originally written last year, so it is just ironic that it happened to happen with Harry & Izzy during the Wonderland Tour. So this is NOT INSPIRED BY THEIR RELATIONSHIP. Smile
enchantée
enchantée

Back to top Go down

Post  enchantée Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:14 pm

two .
I want to be free ; Can’t Hold On – Melee

The rules rang in Cindy’s brain repeatedly throughout the whole flight. She thought it was strange not dating a band member was a rule. Wasn’t it a free country to date anyone? But she bought Marlene’s every word; she couldn’t afford to lose her internship over some silly boy toy, so she promised herself not to, despite that she knew there will be some temptation.

Cindy arrived at the Heathrow Airport in London, England at 9pm their time, which is only five hours ahead from New York. After the baggage claim and customs, she moved her way to the waiting area.

She couldn’t help but watch every happy face that she passed by. It quickly reminded her of her friends back home. It was just her luck that most of her friends had already gone back home from their exams last week and were unable to see her before she left. For the past few days, she left them messages and explained how she was going on a mission to England, and that it could be her big break.

She had to keep a confident smile on her face and continue to pull two rolling luggages behind her, along with her messenger bag that swung over her shoulder. ‘Where was the person who was going to pick her up?’ she thought to herself. She looked around to find the exit, and possibly hail a cab.

Finally near to the sliding glass doors, her arms were weary from pulling the luggages. She stopped in the middle of the long, empty area of the airport to take a small break. She noticed someone sitting near the weird looking restrooms with a white paper on its lap. She wasn’t aware of its gender, but now looking closely, it was a young man.

The young gentleman sat up once he noticed that he had a small audience before him. Confused little Cindy studied this man: His hair was black and had short, curly locks. He had a baby face and wore a solid blue shirt and tanned shorts that hits between his knees and ankles. He looked casual.

He also looked as if he was waiting for someone, but why would he think to wait in an empty room, as opposed to the actual waiting area? He held up the paper in front of him and pressed his finger on the black bold letters on it. “LOVINGTON”. Cindy gave him a long, more confused stare with her big brown eyes. Marlene never mentioned this assistant was around her age.

Even more surprising, the young man stood up and went over to her. Cindy opened her mouth to try and utter a sentence, but nothing could come out. Only bits of random letters that the young man could hear.

“Cindy Lovington?” He kindly asked in his proper British accent. It was strong and deep. Cindy wasn’t sure if she could handle to speak to a random stranger in a new place yet. The young man moved his eyes to her luggage, where it indeed had her name printed on them. “My thoughts exactly! Hello, the name’s Seth; I’ll be your service for the evening.”

Cindy stared blankly at his perkiness. Were all British people this way? Or was it just the fact that she was utterly culture shock?

“…I’ll assume that you’re mute,” Seth continued. “Let’s carry on by bringing this to your homely stay for the night.” He wrapped his hand around one of Cindy’s rolling luggages and began to pull it alongside of him. But Cindy immediately snatched it back.

“Please, don’t touch my stuff…” Cindy has finally uttered a word with a touch of uneasy and uncertainty in her voice as she kept her belongings all around her.

“Aha, you don’t trust me.” He let out a side smirk. “I’m McFLY’s personal friend slash assistant—part time.”

Cindy blinked; this guy could read her mind so well. “I-I just thought—”

“I was just told to give you a lift to the band’s home. It’s nothing too big of a deal, so why can’t a friend of the band help a lovely lady out?”

“But I just thought—well—”

“I suppose bringing on another lad should convince you.”

No.” Cindy let out a frustrated sigh. This guy wouldn’t let her finish her say in anything. “Just take me. Whatever.”

“Well then,” Seth gestured her to the door. “Mind if I carry your luggages?”

“All you had to do was ask.” Cindy let in for a long pause and brushed past him. Already she disliked Seth, but something was still off about this situation; a so-called friend of the band’s to take her to their home? Wasn’t she supposed to check into a hotel?

She was led to a small red mini cooper. Cindy stood on the right side of the car and waited until Seth stuffed her luggages in the back. He moved towards her direction and eyed her to move.

“…What?”

“You wanna give me a lift back to the band’s place? Be my guest.” Seth pointed inside the car and soon let her know that the side she stood was the driver’s seat. Cindy felt her cheeks burn and embarrassingly moved to the other side and let herself the passenger’s seat.

The ride from the Heathrow Airport to the band’s house didn’t take that long. Cindy noticed she passed through all the gorgeous looking hotels near the airport. It was unfortunate that she wasn’t able to stay in any of them.

By the time they reached the house, Cindy was anxious. She was going to meet the band that she will take pictures of. She let herself out of the car and stared at the two-story enormous-like suburban home, which was something she would never see in New York. She admired it dearly.

She stood on the front porch under the light next to Seth as he switched the doorknob open, as it was easily unlocked. She had a paranoid feeling that if she stayed here, she will be unsafe.

“We have a visitor!” Seth let out a sudden shout in the empty living room. Cindy kept her messenger bag and laptop bag hung around her shoulders and tried to breathe in and out slowly. She ran her fingers through her long brown hair and kept it over her ears to keep warm.

One young man walked out of the room in cute red plaid pajamas. He looked as old as Seth, also as tall as he was, and also looked as if he was just going to bed. He yawned sleepily and rubbed his eyelids. Cindy stared at his somewhat child-like manner.

“Settle down mate, or you’ll wake up the wild children.” He said tiredly in the usual British accent and scratched his short blonde hair.

“Oh, sorry—did I wake you, Thomas?” Seth asked politely. “I didn’t think you lot would all be in bed by then.”

“I was told to wait down here. The others are probably mucking about upstairs.”

“Like, how, exactly?”

“The usual. Who knows?” He yawned again and finally turned to Cindy. “Oh, hello. Who are you?”

“Hi.” Cindy let out her sweet smile. She wasn’t sure whether to be in awe with him, or to treat him like he was her age. “…Cindy Lovington.”

“Tom…Fletcher.” He nodded, trying to blink his eyes open widely. “Friend of Seth’s?”

“U-Uh, actually…”

“That’s cool anyway…” Tom yawned once again. He didn’t seem to care, seeing that he was exhausted. He turned back to Seth. “Do you mind if I—”

“No,” Seth answered before he asked. “I’ll take her things upstairs.”

“The poor boy’s tired, don’t you se—” Cindy protested. She saw Tom was about to pass out.

“It’s alright, sweetheart.” Tom abruptly snatched her hand and led her around the house slowly and dreadfully.

“This is the kitchen—we don’t eat here a lot.” Tom pointed to the kitchen and soon led her back to the living room, “The living room.”

He yanked her up the stairs to the second floor and showed her four rooms on the left and four rooms on the right. It was almost as if she was on a few minutes rollercoaster ride.

“There’s three loo’s up here and downstairs as well,” Tom continued. “Your room, I think if you’re staying the night, got one of them. Everyone else got to use the ones out here.”

Cindy looked at Tom, “What’s a ‘loo’?”

“Toilet.” Seth came from behind and startled them both. “I think I can take it from here now, Tom.”

“Thanks.” Tom yawned loudly and turned to the right side of the hallway. Meanwhile, Seth led Cindy to her room that was right across from an open-door bedroom, where the bright color of a TV was left on in the dark.

Cindy slowly looked inside to see two other boys, who were most likely also Tom and Seth’s age, on the couch. Both were asleep and one had his head on the other’s shoulder, while the other has his over his head. It was a cute, yet weird sight for her to see.

“Are you good from here?” Seth asked Cindy. She just answered him with a nod and closed her door. Something wasn’t right about her stay in England. How is it possible that she was going to end up staying at the actual band’s home?

She plopped on her tentative and comfortable bed and stared up at the ceiling, hopeful that when the morning comes and the band is awake, they will give her some answers. She closed her eyes and decided for a little nap.

But that thought in her head gave her chills all over her body. She could hear her heart beating loudly, just imagining how it would be when she meets the boys and ends up screwing her task over.

Many doubts rushed through her brain. Her eyes opened wide. It was her dream to do a full cover of something like this for the first time in her life. But somehow she knew she was going to jinx it.

She began to chant three words silently, ‘Resist the temptation. Resist the temptation. Resist the temptation…’” She closed her eyes again and repeated these words instead of sheep jumping over fences in her mind. Finally, after countless chanting, she was fast asleep and felt as if she had no worries in the world.
enchantée
enchantée

Back to top Go down

Post  kaisthelimit Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:38 pm

wow
i want to sleep in mcfly's house too Laughing
kaisthelimit
kaisthelimit