McFly Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THEY DID NOT JUST COMPARE McFLY TO THE JONAS BROTHERS! :|

+2
nicoleaika
carmela :>
6 posters

Go down

THEY DID NOT JUST COMPARE McFLY TO THE JONAS BROTHERS! :| Empty THEY DID NOT JUST COMPARE McFLY TO THE JONAS BROTHERS! :|

Post  carmela :> Sat May 30, 2009 12:43 am

Jonas Brothers: 3D Concert Experience
May 29, 2009

by Donald Clarke
OKAY, LET'S get the proviso out of the way first. The screening I attended featured a gaggle of teenage girls who screamed their way through the picture and - despite emitting the odd pleasingly ironic snort - seemed to enjoy the thing on its own wretched terms. Good luck to them. Aware that Jonas Brothers: The 3D Concert Experiencedoes all it promises, I award the film a second star and expect nothing but congratulation for my munificence.

Angry complaints thus deflected, let us ponder the bland, self- satisfied trio of prim Christian warblers who go by the name of The Jonas Brothers. Cynically packaged to an extent that makes old- school prefabs such as Westlife seem like The Fall, the band demand to be viewed as rock stars rather than as a pop act.

Hark! The one who looks like a chimp has a guitar. Actually, two of them have guitars and those instruments are even occasionally plugged in. There's a singer as well and, having seen grown-up rock stars in action, he knows to wave the microphone stand about his head while screeching the inane choruses to his puzzlingly hook- free anthems.

But this is not a rock gig. Featuring tightly choreographed dance routines and occasional guest appearances by other teenage captives of the Disney Channel, the concert has as much in common with a gig by, say, McFly (let's not start on a real band) as it does with the Allied assault on Normandy. It's more of a ceremony than a performance.

Still, the thousands of girls in Madison Square Garden (I spotted just one boy among the multitudes) appeared flooded with joy and barely contained lust throughout.

What can they have made of the truly jaw-dropping routine during which the lads press squat, rigid hoses against their torsos and eject white, sticky foam over their bouncing devotees? I mean it's . . . Well, there may be children reading this, so I'll say no more.

Number of posts : 590
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Back to top Go down

THEY DID NOT JUST COMPARE McFLY TO THE JONAS BROTHERS! :| Empty Re: THEY DID NOT JUST COMPARE McFLY TO THE JONAS BROTHERS! :|

Post  carmela :> Sat May 30, 2009 12:48 am

HOW DARE THEY!!!! Neutral Neutral Neutral

1) they're not disney
2) mcfly dont do dance routines. DUH.
3) mcfly's concerts are ROCK GIGS!
4) they play their own instruments AND write their own songs. (tom can even play more than 1 instrument!)
5) THEY ARE A REAL BAND! ^

that person DOES NOT know what a real band looks or sounds like even if it's right under his nose! just because mcfly are good-looking doesnt mean they're just pretty boys who cant play instruments nor write their own music. they write all their music!! i dont think this guy has even watched a concert of theirs, let alone, actually give them a chance. i dare him to watch any concert of theirs and NOT enjoy! Neutral

Number of posts : 590
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Back to top Go down

THEY DID NOT JUST COMPARE McFLY TO THE JONAS BROTHERS! :| Empty Re: THEY DID NOT JUST COMPARE McFLY TO THE JONAS BROTHERS! :|

Post  nicoleaika Sat May 30, 2009 1:01 pm

carmela :> wrote:

But this is not a rock gig. Featuring tightly choreographed dance routines and occasional guest appearances by other teenage captives of the Disney Channel, the concert has as much in common with a gig by, say, McFly (let's not start on a real band) as it does with the Allied assault on Normandy. It's more of a ceremony than a performance.

wtf! (okay, did I just say that ?)
MCFLY IS A REAL BAND! grrrrr....
nicoleaika
nicoleaika

Number of posts : 2361
Location : Manila, NCR, Luzon, Philippines, Asia, Earth, Milky Way
Registration date : 2008-05-08

http://castelfranca.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jaschier Sat May 30, 2009 3:05 pm

i really demand to not compare them to the Jo bros, i dont really find them as an artist like the mcfly's, or a great band nor singers... i remember one day last sem, while reading anika's fic, and my classmate saw my sig. and she said, "ano yan, Jonas Brothers?" and i said, "Huh? hindo no, apat ba sila?"

maybe she got that idea, because of Danny's hair na kulot... like nick... and i felt lil bad for that...

MCFLY is MCFLY...! McFly logo
jaschier
jaschier

Number of posts : 1573
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post  kaisthelimit Sun May 31, 2009 5:31 pm

3 words: HATERS GONNA HATE Rolling Eyes
kaisthelimit
kaisthelimit

Number of posts : 1884
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post  anika Sun May 31, 2009 9:06 pm

er.... One word for the guy:
idioticstupidpussydouchebagretardeddim-wittedblindtonedeafandsimplyandutterlydumb.
Yup. That was the exact term. hahaha. XD
Oh honestly, this guy probably has fantasies of him getting that kind of attention too but gets jealous when he sees bands like McFly who get that well-deserved respect.
And he was too harsh on the jobros. Really. I can't say they're better than McFly but I think they have talent. And they're nice.
People like him deserve a place in the USSR. (Union of Severely Stupid Retards)
well, let's just leave him. He's gained... well... an estimate of about billions of haters and enemies. Twisted Evil
anika
anika

Number of posts : 1426
Registration date : 2008-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  cherill Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:57 am

^ haha! USSR! that's pretty funny.

well, my oh my...i've been hearing and reading some stuff on the net saying mcfly is not a real band. well, what's real enough for them??
there's been a war over the jobros fans and the mcfly fans and maybe after reading that, both fans would just come together and kill that stupid close minded freak.
cherill
cherill

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post  anika Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:05 pm

^ haha. thanks. My brother and I made it up. XD

Oh I know. The war'll be bigger than the fight at the Lord of the Rings or 300. haha.
Oh well, mcfly's a real band FYI. Fans don't really care about what other people say because their music stomps down and crushes what they say about them. Very Happy
anika
anika

Number of posts : 1426
Registration date : 2008-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  cherill Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:22 pm

^ Hahaha Hahaha

yeah! a war bigger than all wars, i think. Smile
cherill
cherill

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down