McFly Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Room on the third floor

4 posters

Go down

Room on the third floor Empty Room on the third floor

Post  McFly(nick) Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:47 pm

Author- not me.. i got this from a website haha
characters- McFly
Its a standalone.. hehehe

We were in the middle of no where. It was absolutely hammering it down outside so we gave in for the night. The roads were a wreck, if we wanted to make it to the next day's venue alive we'd have to stop. So we did. It was so pokey little hotel. Barely worth being able to call it that, more of a Bed and Breakfast.

We walked into reception, our smaller bags in our hands, choosing to leave our big suitcases in the driver's car. Our instruments in the roadie's van. I didn't really feel comfortable leaving my basses in there, in a place I didn't know, over night. Fletch walked up to the reception desk. Signed us in, two double rooms and a single for him. We'd be sharing then. We headed up two flights of stairs expecting to stop there, Tom and Harry did, claiming the first key go them a room on the second floor. Leaving myself and Danny with the pleasure of the third floor. I hated third floor rooms, there was something just not right with them. There were only 4 rooms on this floor, and amazing another staircase to yet another floor. There couldn't be more than two rooms on that floor for sure.

With little struggle Danny opened the door.

It was a small room, barely a foot between the two beds, and even less space between the one nearest the window and the wall. There was no side table and a poxy television on a wall bracket. There was a small bathroom opposite the door end bed, a shower, no bath, a toilet and a sink.

"Looks like home," Danny smirked, dropping his bag on one of the only bits of free floor space. Of course, it was nothing like home. Home was huge, and still very new. Home was one bed per room. Home had a roomy ensuite and a kitchen, a lounge, a den, everything a teenager could ever need. I'm still fifteen years old. I shouldn't be thinking of anywhere but my parent's house as home, but yet I was. I doubt that house would ever be home again.

It's not that I didn't like living with the guys, or that I didn't want to be in the band. Because I did, more than anything, more than anyone I had met at the auditions. I wanted to be in McFly more than anything I had ever wanted. I wanted to play my bass all the time, I wanted to earn money from it, and now I was. But was I kidding myself? I'm just a kid, we all are. But I'm the youngest by a year. These guys were my best friends, and I never really had any of those before. Friends I mean. I was always a bit of a loner in school and that was how I liked it. I guess now that would change. Limelight and fans. Oh god, fans. Screaming girls following our every move. People the same age as me tailing me down streets, waiting by stage doors.

Danny was looking at me I realised as I blinked a bit. A small smile on his face. I'd obviously been quite oblivious to anything that had just happened. I think he may have even spoken to me.

"Sorry," I started, "Just, uh-"

"Thinking of home?" Danny suggested thrusting his hands into his pockets and swaying slightly, looking a bit uneasy.

"Yeah, basically," the smile on his face told me that I wasn't the only one. He merely nodded and dropped the subject, there was no use talking about it now, there was nothing either of us could do about it. Not with the rain colliding with the window, sounding much like golf balls.

"Which bed d'you want mate?" He asked me.

"I don't mind," I said, placing my own bag down practically on top of Danny's. With that he took a running jump onto the bed next to the window. Well, more of a flying leap with the limited amount of space.

Time was pushing on, it was well past midnight when we even arrived at the hotel. Now, at going on 2am, I was lead in the dark under the thin polyester covers in nothing other than my pants. Laying my arm over my eyes to try and block out the yellow glow that seeped through the gap in the nylon curtains. The occasional flash of white light and the low rumble of thunder. I hated thunderstorms.

"Doug?" I thought I heard Danny whispered, though I could have swore he was asleep so I stayed quite. "Dougie?" he repeated this time a little louder, now I was sure he was awake.

"Yeah, Dan?"

"What you thinking about?"

"The band, my family, how much I hate storms, how horrible this bed is," I heard him chuckle.

"Is it just me, or do you have a spring digging in yah back?"

"It's just you," I replied stifling a yawn. I hadn't been able to sleep for the last few nights, only having a total of six hours sleep in the last four days. I was starting to become exhausted.

"Oh," he uttered dejectedly, "Dougs?" he called out again.

"Yes, Dan?"

"D'you mind if I climbed in the other side?"

A breath hitched in my throat, "What?"

"I can't sleep on this. There are about five springs digging into different parts of my body and it's highly uncomfortable." I heard him shift slightly in his bed, I couldn't tell if he was just jumping slightly or actually rolling.

"Ever thought of moving?"

"I did, and I did. Even more fucked springs."

"Just don't get too close." I laughed as I shifted to the left and pulled up the covers for him. In the half light that coated the room I could just about make out him sitting up, reaching his foot over onto my bed, I hadn't realised that he was slept right on the left hand side of his bed. I'd been I the middle of mine. With one slight hop he was next to me, I fell slightly to the right as the mattress gave way under his weight.

Another flash, I was about to count the seconds it took for the thunder to commence, but there were none.

"We're at the centre of the storm," Danny said as he tucked himself under the covers, tossing around slightly, testing the new mattress beneath his form.

"Doesn't really make me feel any better, Dan," I said placing my arm back over my eyes and hoping against hope that it went away.

"Sorry, Doug. I forgot."

"Don't worry about it."

"Anything I can do?" he asked. The mattress dipped again, he'd moved. I took my arm away from my eyes and rested it on my forehead, opened my eyes and looked up at him. He was propped on his arm looking down at me, a small grin on his face. All I could make out were the whites of his teeth and eyes.

"I normally just watch a film, or something. But we don't have anything. In that case I'd just lay it out."

"Wanna hug?" He said jokingly. Lowering himself onto his side and flopping back onto his back.

Truth be told I did feel slightly better not being on my own. I don't know what it was about thunder storms, I just never felt safe in them. Something always went horribly wrong. Trees falling down. Car squashed, fires.

"Housekeeping?" The yell of a dumpy woman as she opened the door and looked around the room. Seeing two teenagers in the same bed she turned around again and shut the door behind her. Make that two teenage boys in the same bed, one of which using the other as a pillow.

I always had a thing for hugging my pillows in the middle of the night, or anything that masqueraded as a pillow, so a soft chest with a rather soothing heartbeat to keep me relaxed through the brunt of the storm was perfect. A muffled mumble came from above my head. My 'pillow' shifted.

"Dougs?"

"Mmm," I sat up, wiped the sleep from my eyes and shuffled away from him, "sorry about that."

"Penance for stealing your bed," yeah, penance that was it. In honest truth I really didn't mind waking up with Danny's well toned body beneath my head. I still had that annoying baby faced look about me, puppy fat as it were.

Another knock on the door and Fletch's bellowing vocal chords came through the thin wood, "Time to get up guys, we've got to leave in 15 minutes!"

Danny shot up at that, fifteen minutes would not be enough time to shower, wash his hair, dry it, straighten it and make it look presentable. Oddly, he didn't even bother. He just picked up his bag, walked into the bathroom and ripped off his socks as he went, and turned on the hot water tap. He didn't even bother to shut the door. He just washed and got his clothes on, he pulled a hat over his head the ends of his hair curling around the rim.

A smirk on my face alerted him of my immediate response. I'd never seen the curls before. It was rather cute. My hair was straight a little mussed from sleep, but nothing a comb wouldn't sort out.

Both prepped and ready to go w headed down to reception with our bags. Tom and Harry were out in the car park throwing their stuff into the nearly full boot. Back on the road. Hopefully today was the end of Rooms on the Third Floor. Maybe we should tell Tom about the crap we had. He'd love to write about it.

After all, we needed songs for the album as it was. ^_^ Joy! Joy!
McFly(nick)
McFly(nick)

Number of posts : 824
Registration date : 2008-11-27

Back to top Go down

Room on the third floor Empty Re: Room on the third floor

Post  McFly(nick) Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:56 pm

hope you guyz like it! ^_^ Hot radio:Active McFly logo M McFly explain for Danny
McFly(nick)
McFly(nick)

Back to top Go down

Post  anika Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:53 am

Haha. Nice fic! Danny and Dougie.. Aw... It would be a could story behind the song Room On The Third Floor. Razz

Nice. It's well-written. Me likey. haha. Where'd you get this?
anika
anika

Number of posts : 1426
Registration date : 2008-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  McFly(nick) Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:48 am

anika wrote:Haha. Nice fic! Danny and Dougie.. Aw... It would be a could story behind the song Room On The Third Floor. Razz

Nice. It's well-written. Me likey. haha. Where'd you get this?

hehehe.. tnx.. just got it from yahoo.. hahaha ^_^ Hahaha Hahaha Hahaha Hahaha
McFly(nick)
McFly(nick)

Back to top Go down

Post  anika Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:04 am

Really? Cool. It's nice you bumped into this. I love it. haha. Very Happy
anika
anika

Back to top Go down

Post  McFly(nick) Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:05 am

hhehe.. tnx.. ^_^

Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz
McFly(nick)
McFly(nick)

Back to top Go down

Post  anika Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:11 am

haha. Sure. I love the pic of Danny in underwear and being like Superman. haha. lol!
Strangely, it makes me fall in love with him all over again. laugh together
Anyway, thanks for posting the fic. I enjoyed reading it. You don't come across fics like this all the time.
anika
anika

Back to top Go down

Post  McFly(nick) Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:13 am

anika wrote:haha. Sure. I love the pic of Danny in underwear and being like Superman. haha. lol!
Strangely, it makes me fall in love with him all over again. laugh together
Anyway, thanks for posting the fic. I enjoyed reading it. You don't come across fics like this all the time.

this is the funny thing about it....

i havent read it yet XD 8P 8P 8P 8P 8P

hehehehehe -.-; -.-; -.-; ..
but im reading it now.. haha It's Tom!
McFly(nick)
McFly(nick)

Back to top Go down

Post  anika Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:19 am

hahaha. LOL. Really?laugh together
You should. It's pretty funny. Joy!
anika
anika

Back to top Go down

Post  McFly(nick) Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:25 am

hahhahaa yeah! its hilarious! hahahaha

tom is really the song writer? nice.. this might be the making of the 3rd floor music.. hahaha
McFly(nick)
McFly(nick)

Back to top Go down

Post  meah XD Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:26 pm

I was hoping the story to be McSlash... but it was partly mcslash... ^_^

Look for more fics~! XDD Hahaha
meah XD
meah XD

Number of posts : 425
Registration date : 2008-05-16

http://sneakymeiat34.multiply.com and https://www.facebook.com/pr

Back to top Go down

Post  maia 8D Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:51 pm

^Meah. Neutral I hate you cause you know I hate them slashes. Neutral go soak your head.
(but honestly, thought it was going to be a slash too.)

But it was nice. Very well written and all that. Hilarious too. HAHA.
maia 8D
maia 8D

Number of posts : 1122
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post  meah XD Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:59 pm

maia <3 wrote:^Meah. Neutral I hate you cause you know I hate them slashes. Neutral go soak your head.

XDD I knew that. And I knew that you were gonna reply to my post. Smile) Oh and guess what? When I read your post, I just took a bath. XDD I don't need to soak my head anymore~!!

XD
meah XD
meah XD

Back to top Go down

Post  maia 8D Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:04 pm

meah XD wrote:
maia <3 wrote:^Meah. Neutral I hate you cause you know I hate them slashes. Neutral go soak your head.

XDD I knew that. And I knew that you were gonna reply to my post. Smile) Oh and guess what? When I read your post, I just took a bath. XDD I don't need to soak my head anymore~!!

XD

Wow. Neutral So you have these 'feelings' too now, huh?
Well... soak it again, then!
RAWR. Imma slap you when I see you. Razz

DOOODE. So, how was the camp-in? My sister's still DED. XD
maia 8D
maia 8D

Back to top Go down

Post  meah XD Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:18 pm

REALLY? I woke up at 3pm. XDD

Over ym. Very Happy
meah XD
meah XD

Back to top Go down

Post  McFly(nick) Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:11 am

thanks.. wats McSlash?? heehhe
McFly(nick)
McFly(nick)

Back to top Go down

Post  maia 8D Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:35 pm

^ uhm. gay pairings within mcfly. Neutral annoying, right? Razz

meah XD wrote:

REALLY? I woke up at 3pm. XDD

Over ym. Very Happy

XDDD yeah. she didn't wake up till the next morning. over ym what?
maia 8D
maia 8D

Back to top Go down

Post  meah XD Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:10 pm

XDDD yeah. she didn't wake up till the next morning. over ym what?

Let's talk about this over ym. XD
meah XD
meah XD

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down