McFly Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Born The Other Way Around (the fic) FINISHED

+2
meah XD
anika
6 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Born The Other Way Around (the fic) FINISHED - Page 3 Empty Re: Born The Other Way Around (the fic) FINISHED

Post  anika Fri May 29, 2009 12:42 pm

CHAPTER 20 (CAKE PHOTO SHOOT)

“So, what do you want?” I asked him as I scanned the menu.

I don’t know about him, but I’m in a hurry to order. I want to eat that sweet, delectable cake right now.

There were a lot of delicious-looking cakes being showcased. Just looking at the picture mad me feel hungry. I couldn’t wait to taste the actual thing when it’s finally laid before me.

“Chocolate cake,” he responded.

“Wait… Won’t you get fat? I don’t want to starve my prisoner but I want you fit too,” I piped in.

“I am not your prisoner.”

“He’ll have some cheesecake. No toppings. Plain,” I said to the waiter in a pleasant tone.

He shot me an indignant look. “Hey! I wanted chocolate!”

I rolled my eyes. “Fine. You’re whiny you know. Fine. Chocolate for him and blueberry cheesecake for me.”

The waiter nodded and went away. The chatter of the customers filled the place. I could hear the tinkling of spoons and forks. The place had a cute air about it. I almost felt like I was in a different country.

Okay. Back to business. Who is this bub?

“So, why are you following me?” I asked him.

He groaned. “Again with the stalker thing? Look, I’m not. Okay?”

I raised an eyebrow, feeling skeptical.

“Look, it bothers me to have someone dogging me like the way you do. If you won’t tell me why, I’ll call the cops and sue you,” I threatened him.

He had an outraged expression on his face. “Call the cops?! Are you nuts?!”

“I’m afraid I’m not. I am dead serious.”

Wow. I didn’t know why I was getting so worked up. Maybe the reason’s because I could finally live one of my fantasies; cornering a criminal, pouncing on him, and then asking him questions.

He looked at me, I didn’t waver. Finally, he gave out a huge sigh.

Hah. He surrenders.

“I think it’s better if I show you,” he said and pulled out a few photographs from his pocket. He carefully laid those in front of me and I looked at the glossy things.

I gasped.

It was all… me.

He held up a hand as I shot him a confused look. “Don’t worry. I’m no perv. I just like photography. I must say you look quite good in these photos. Sorry if I’ve been… sort of… Oh fine. So I have been stalking you a bit. A bit. Okay? You just look good in pictures. Despite your horrid fashion sense. Peace.”

“Hey, what’s wrong with my manner of dressing?” I huffed.

“Oh. Sorry. I forgot that it’s perfectly normal for a growing lady to dress like a boy. Sorry,” he said, his voice dripping with sarcasm.

I raised an eyebrow and was about to snap back but decided to just shut up.

This guy’s a wise cracker.

I looked at the photographs once more. Wow… They were pretty good really. I actually still looked like a girl in these pictures despite being in boys’ clothes.

It’s funny though… When I look ay myself in the mirror, I think that I looked nothing like a girl.

I guess the way I thought was different. There’s a total difference from my point of view and this camera’s point of view.

Hm… Maybe I should take a few more pictures.

“Hey, you got a camera?” I asked him.

“What? Y-yeah I do. What do you want with it?”

“Take a picture of me!” I grinned at him.

He rolled his eyes. “Why?”

I pointed to the window. He looked outside and flinched as he saw a police officer. He turned to me and sighed.

“Fine.”

I clapped my hands. “Excellent.”

He started taking my pictures of me. I was enjoying a lot. I never knew that I had this vain side to me. I never knew that I loved having my pictures taken. He seemed to be enjoying too though. He’d chuckle every time I did a really funny pose or do a funny face.

Finally, after the last pose, we stopped. We were both laughing.

“You actually have some really good pictures here,” he grinned as he scanned the pictures on his camera.

I grinned. “Really? That’s great?”

After a few moments, our order arrived. I began digging my spoon into my blueberry cheesecake. I carefully ate it.

Mm… Yummy…

“Prisoner, you like your cake?” I asked him.

Oooh. I liked the sound of that. ‘Prisoner’.

He rolled his eyes after eating a slice of his cake. “I do have a name you know.”

“Oh. Sorry. I got carried away.”

He chuckled. “It’s okay. My name’s Lance. Lance Kingsley.”

“Well, nice to meet you Lance. My name’s Kyleen Marloes.”

“Ah. Kyleen’s a nice name.”

“Call me Kyle.”

He shook his head. “Nah. Kyleen suits you.”

I smiled and dug into my blueberry cheesecake once more.

Funny. He said the exact same thing as Harry.

We chatted for a while. Lance seemed to be my musical soul mate. We had a lot in common when it came to music. I never thought that my day would end up like this. I imagined him begging on his knees while I had a triumphant grin on my face.

Okay. My imagination’s officially out of control.

Finally, we said goodbye to each other.

I had a lot of fun, really. I liked this Lance dude. He was pretty cool.

Lance liked me too, very much. And somehow, I reminded him of someone.
anika
anika

Number of posts : 1426
Registration date : 2008-08-31

Back to top Go down

Born The Other Way Around (the fic) FINISHED - Page 3 Empty Re: Born The Other Way Around (the fic) FINISHED

CHAPTER 21 (HOLE)

“Nooooooo….” I moaned, holding my books.

Trisha placed her arm around my shoulder, giving me a tight squeeze that nearly knocked the breath out of me. “Aw… Cheer up. You’re very lucky you know. A lot of girls would die to have your part. Especially since Harry’s playing the lead role.”

Marie tapped my shoulder and I swivelled around to face her. I grimaced.

She laughed. “There’s nothing wrong with playing the role of Mulan. Besides, you might learn something about yourself.” She winked at me.

I was still frowning. None of this seemed bright. I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but I couldn’t see anything positive about this. Not even a single iota or a colloid particle. I stared at the script I was holding and read what it said on the cover page.

There it was printed in bold, black letters:

Mulan: Kyleen Nieves Marloes.

Yup. I was going to play Mulan in our class presentation. Our school always did hold plays. It’s become somewhat a tradition now. And it all started fifteen years ago as a class project. Now it’s become an event for high school students. And we usually present the plays to grade-schoolers. Good thing they were well-behaved, and a teacher with hawk-like eyes was always watching them. I never did get to know her name. I only called her the ‘Hawk Lady’.

Don’t get me wrong. It’s a positively nice and even wonderful way to express creativity. Perfect, even. But…

Why did I have to nab the lead role???

It’s Harry’s fault!

You know what he did?? He made me audition!! Yes! Audition! He told me that I was a yellow-belly sissy ballerina if I didn’t audition!

Pride was my kryptonite. So naturally, and rather quite foolishly, I went about auditioning.

In fact, I even fell down on the audition! My face collided directly with the floor!

Then I heard one of the judges whisper ‘Oh! Look! She’d make a perfect Mulan. She’s so clumsy, she’ll make the kids laugh all the time!’

I was about to snap back but then decided that it would be rude, and I’d be sent to the principal’s office.

Excuse me. I am not clumsy! I’m not adroit, but I am not that clumsy. I was just… Uh… The Laws of Physics changed for a fraction of a second and I, being affected by the change, inevitably lost my balance.

Duh. I’d be affected if the laws of science changed.

But what caught their attention was the way I auditioned. I don’t know why I actually tried to deliver the lines properly. Maybe it’s because Mulan had been a very powerful figure to me ever since I was a kid. I always did admire her.

She didn’t wait for some prince to come to her or anything. No. She went through a war, hid her identity and managed to save China. She made her own destiny, even if it defied the decree of the Emperor.

And best of all, she didn’t wear any stupid, frilly gown.

So that’s why I actually felt my role as Mulan.

And I got the role.

Oh gosh… Could I do this???

My family was actually thrilled. Mom especially. You’d think I’d brought home a unicorn. She’s already had my dress made and had arrangements with hairstylists and make-up artists. She’s simply overjoyed.

Well now, I’m certain that I’ll be able to look the part.

The problem is…

Will I be able to act out my part very well?

What if I forget my lines? Or totally blank out onstage? Or what if I went out before my cue?

I sighed.

I just hope I don’t screw this up and make an embarrassment of myself.

“Kyleen… Calm down,” Harry chuckled as he held his script. A hand was propped under his chin. He wore his glasses now, which were slightly askew.

My hands still shook as I held my own script. I held it so tightly, I feel like my nails would rip the delicate paper. “Oh. Sorry Harry. I’m just nervous that I’ll screw up.”

He looked at me and squeezed my hand. My heart went thumping once more. I mentally kicked myself.

“You’ll be fine Kyleen. You just have to practice. Besides, you were amazing during the audition,” he smiled gently at me.

I gave out a sigh. Harry’s right. If I did it once, I could do it again.

I gave it another try; this time letting my courage show. My hands didn’t shake so much anymore and my voice seemed stronger now.

I was finally regaining the confidence that I seemed to have lost a while ago. Thanks to Harry. I’m glad I was paired up with him.

I gazed at the walls. Gosh this school theatre seemed a bit old. Nevertheless, it’s still sturdy. Although, it is quite lonely now. It was only lively once the school festivals came. But otherwise, it only seemed like an abandoned building.

But… There was another reason why people don’t go here often.

They said that there were ghosts here. I don’t really believe in those eerie tales though.

Finally, Harry and I had finished rehearsing. That was good enough. I could express my lines very well. All that’s left for me to do is memorize.

That shouldn’t be a problem.

I was about to exit the theatre when Harry placed an arm on my shoulder.

I swivelled around. “What is it Harry?”

He was scanning the place, looking very interested. What was he up to?

“Why don’t we explore this place for a bit? Say, about thirty minutes?” he suggested, looking at me expectantly.

I grinned and rolled my eyes. “Fine. Let’s go.”

I had to admit, the place was a bit creepy. Even without all those circulating ghost stories. The wood creaked and there was still silence. The only things missing were hisses and whispers from the walls.

We were at the stage now. Clouds of dust started to appear. The once fine and new wood seemed old and battered now. Nevertheless, it was still sturdy enough to support whatever was onstage.

“Hey! I found something!” Harry said.

I walked over to him. He pulled open a bolt and the wooden floor opened to reveal stairs.

Wow! A trap door!

I peeked inside. It was pretty dark. I could only make out the faint outlines of the silvery cobwebs that practically covered the whole vicinity below.

“I’ll go in,” Harry grinned and went inside, disappearing from sight.

“Well… I’ll stay here,” I said.

I didn’t like closed places. Darkness, okay. We’d still get along. But enclosed places? No.

Besides, Harry could take care of himself right?

All of a sudden, I felt worried about him. What if something bad happens to him? What if he gets hurt? It is awfully dark down there.

I looked at the trap door once more.

Maybe I should follow him. I had a flashlight anyway. He might need it… Nah… He definitely needed it.

I proceeded to following him when I suddenly tripped.

I screamed.

I fell down hard. I was tumbling on the stairs now. I heard something shut with a loud thud.

Finally, I landed on the floor. I coughed and sat up. I took out my flashlight, turned it on, and rubbed my head.

Stupid me. Why wasn’t I more careful?

Harry approached me, looking concerned. “Hey, you okay?”

I winced as I rubbed my head. I think I had a lump.

“I’m fine but…” I started when I looked up.

There was not a single stream of light passing through this place. There was total darkness.

I paled and pursed my lips as I realized what had just happened.

Oh my…

We’re locked in here.
anika
anika

Back to top Go down

CHAPTER 22 ( FRIGHT)

The only thing that was positive about our wretched situation was the fact that I brought a flashlight with me. If not, I would’ve had a nervous breakdown and I would’ve gone catatonic.

Harry was pushing the trap door open. But it seemed very hard to do so. The thing was so stubborn.

He returned to me, a frown on his face. “Stuck.”

I groaned and lowered my flashlight. “Oh no… I’m really sorry Harry. I should’ve been more careful.”

He shook his head and looked forward. “Nah. It’s okay Kyleen. Come on. Let’s find a way out of here.”

He held my hand and I directed my flashlight forward. We started walking.

I sneezed as I swatted a cobweb in front of me.

Jeez this place was super dusty! Plus the props being kept here seemed to have been contained here for a century. There were dust and cobwebs everywhere.

Well, there must be a way out.

“Kyleen… You’ve heard of the ghost stories here right?” Harry asked, not taking his eyes off the stretch of darkness before us.

I nodded. “Yup. I don’t believe in those though.”

Really, there was no evidence at all. I’ll believe it when I see it.

Although… This place does seem ghostly…

Aargh! Get a grip on yourself! Don’t be scared!

I held my flashlight tighter.

Maybe it’s because this time, I don’t know what’s coming out. I wasn’t sure if anything else here was just a prop made to scare people, or a human that had fake blood and make-up so that they came off as poor imitations of monsters.

I suddenly found myself squeezing Harry’s hand tighter.

Okay. Get a grip on yourself. Nothing’s here… Nothing’s…

All of a sudden, I heard something shriek behind us.

THAT’S IT!!!!!

“Haarrryyy!!!” I screamed and ran forward, dragging him with me.

I have to get out!!! I have to get out!!!!

I HAVE TO GET OUT!!!!

All of a sudden, I tripped. My hand landed on the ground and my flashlight flew out of it. I coughed as I inhaled dust.

Harry bent over me; he had my flashlight in his hand. He rubbed my back.

“Hey, you okay?” he asked me.

I coughed once more.

Jeez! This place deserves one heck of a cleaning!

“I’m fine… Sorry I panicked,” I said as I began to sit up.

Once again, I have embarrassed myself in front of Harry.

“Nah. It’s okay. I would’ve run too you know. Man this place gives me the creeps,” he said, looking around.

All of a sudden, I heard another shriek.

I jumped up and hugged Harry, my knees wobbling.

“Harry! Harry! Harry! Harry! Harry! Harry!” I whined.

I was nearly dancing now. Why oh why did I have to trip down that stupid flight of stairs???

My grip on Harry’s shirt got tighter.

“Sorry Harry…,” I said as I held him.

“For what?” he asked.

“For being a sissy… I’m sorry… You must be sick of it. I’m really sorry…”

He gave out a sigh.

I knew it. He was sick and tired of it. And who could blame him? I certainly don’t.

To my surprise, his arms slowly hugged me.

What? Why?

I thought he was angry.

“Kyleen… I told you before; it’s alright to be scared. You don’t have to be so brave,” he said.

“But… But… I should be tough. Like a boy,” I replied, sniffing.

Oh gosh. Why’s my heart beating hard and fast? Why’s it acting this way?

He let out a chuckle. “But you’re not a boy Kyleen. And besides, boys get scared too.”

I sighed.

He had a point.

“Okay. Thanks for understanding Harry,” I said.

I felt better now. Much better.

He smiled. “No problem.”

All of a sudden, he kissed my forehead gently. I could feel my cheeks burn as he did so. My heart was racing non-stop now. All of this was confusing me.

Why’s Harry making me feel this way?

“Wait. I see something,” Harry said.

I let go of him and turned to where he was pointing.

Wow. There was a door!!

I grinned at him. “Let’s get out of here.”
anika
anika

Back to top Go down

Post  anika Fri May 29, 2009 12:43 pm

CHAPTER 23 (AFFAIR)

“Yes!!! Freedoom!!” I practically danced as we got outside.

Oooh. The sunshine never looked any better than now. Seriously. I feel like I’ve been enshrouded in darkness for ages.

Harry grinned as he shut the door behind him. “I know. There was a door after all. Good thing it was open too.”

I looked back at the building. The door was tiny, almost unnoticeable; and it was positioned right at the bottom-most part of the theatre. Thank God for that door.

I skipped around, feeling like a child. I was just so happy!

I looked around.

The trees glistened and the leaves looked like thin emeralds. The puffy clouds seemed so soft and I felt like I wanted to touch them. Oooh. There was Trisha with Dougie. The soil that was usually nothing more than brown muck to me now seemed more precious than gold.

Jeez. I never really appreciated my surroundings. Everything seems so beautiful now.

Everything’s…

Wait…

Hang on a sec…

Trisha…

And…

Dougie?

I looked around once more but they seemed to have disappeared.

What are they doing together?

Harry seemed confused as well. “Did you see-?”

“Yup. Let’s follow them,” I said and hurried off to where the duo disappeared to.

Ooh. This felt like a spy mission! What on earth were they up to?

Finally, we saw them. The two were sitting under a tree, chatting. I saw Trisha laugh as Dougie told her something.

“Hide there!” Harry hissed as we hid behind the bushes. We were close enough to hear and see the two.

“What’s going on?” I asked.

“Isn’t it obvious? They’re on a date.”

“A date? What? What? What?”

“Jeez. Calm down Kyleen. Actually, Dougie’s had a crush on Trisha since the start of school year. Wow. Can’t believe he’s asked her out already. He’s awfully shy around her.”

Whoa! Dougie likes Trisha?

So that would explain why he’s extra nice to her. No wonder he’d always let her go first or open the door for her.

Ah…

So they were in love.

“Ah! I see!” I said in an amazed tone.

Harry laughed. “Wow. And I thought that you were supposed to be smart.”

I rolled my eyes. “Whatever Harry.”

Suddenly, the bushes we were hiding in parted. We looked up to see Trisha and Dougie grinning at us.

“Hello dude,” Dougie grinned.

Harry and I turned pink.

Rats! We got caught!

“Um… Hey Dougie,” Harry grinned, making a peace sign.

Dougie chuckled. “It’s okay dude. Next time, if you’re trying to spy on someone, keep your voices down.” He winked at us.

Harry and I stood up, brushing the dirt off our clothes.

Okay. We were just too chatty.

I approached Trisha and placed my hand on her shoulder. “Hey. Why didn’t you say anything?”

She turned pink. “Sorry. I had to find the right time.”

“Nah. It’s okay.”

The four of us ended up chatting the whole afternoon. Of course, we never told them our ghostly experience. That was a tale that was better kept secret.

Dougie and Trisha were very sweet. I kind of envy Trisha. At least she knows now what it’s like to have someone sweep you off your feet.

I wondered when mine will happen…

But…

I’m a boy. I can’t be like this! Only icky girls fall for gross romantic stuff! No way was I going to be a victim of all of this as well!

I looked at Harry. Then I actually said in my mind that he was cute.

I mentally punched myself.

Stop that Kyleen! Don’t you even dare!

But I couldn’t help it. When I look at Harry, I suddenly had the urge to get out of these baggy clothes and put on a dress. Something that was more feminine and… well…

Attractive…

I sighed a bit.

Maybe…

Maybe it’s time I embraced my feminine side.
anika
anika

Back to top Go down

Post  MEG Fri May 29, 2009 5:59 pm

After a hundred years I've finally read this!
Yey! Done! Guitar Dance Dance Dance
Update again! PBJT!
Well that was fast... Kyleen's transforming so quickly! Aw, isn't that sweet? laugh together
I wonder what will happen next? So many Harry moments!!! Joy!
I was going to say something but I forgot...anywaaaay, like the story! Rock On!
elephant
MEG
MEG

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2009-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post  kaisthelimit Fri May 29, 2009 6:14 pm

Lol that 'whoopdidoo' made me remember a clip of Harry saying that. Hahahahahaa =))
Oooh, that Lance guy is pretty freaky.
Hahahahahaha, that credit card part was hilarious!!!
Hahahaha, I love Kyleen!!! She rocks!!
kaisthelimit
kaisthelimit

Number of posts : 1884
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post  meah XD Sun May 31, 2009 1:11 am

A lot of updates!! XD
Haha. Mulan. Very Happy she's awesome for a princess. Smile)
WOW. If I were Kyleen and I'm stuck under the trap door, I think I'll cry. Smile) I don't like dark places. XD But if it means being with Harry I'm game for it! =D

She's finally gonna embrace her feminine side! YAY! Smile

Post mooore~!!
meah XD
meah XD

Number of posts : 425
Registration date : 2008-05-16

http://sneakymeiat34.multiply.com and https://www.facebook.com/pr

Back to top Go down

Post  anika Sun May 31, 2009 8:45 pm

MEG wrote:After a hundred years I've finally read this!
Update again! PBJT!
Well that was fast... Kyleen's transforming so quickly! Aw, isn't that sweet? laugh together
elephant

Oh Hi baboy! hahaha. pig pig pig pig pig
Well, Harry has a huge effect on her. That's why. Very Happy Very Happy
Oh I know. If there weren't much, it would be a total bore. Very Happy
weh? bata ka pa ka gani lipatwon ka na ya. haha. joke lang baboy. Razz Razz
aww... Miss you. See you on june 8.
I shall update... tomorrow I guess. I Just came from iloilo kanina. Very Happy
Thanks for reading baboy! Wink
anika
anika

Back to top Go down

Post  anika Sun May 31, 2009 8:48 pm

kai(: wrote:Lol that 'whoopdidoo' made me remember a clip of Harry saying that. Hahahahahaa =))

Thanks for reading kai! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
BTW, do you have classes in college now? I was just wondering. haha. Very Happy
Really? He said that? aww! He must've sounded so adorable!! Razz
oh. Glad you liked that part. That was so totally random of me. hahaha.
Thanks. So far, she's my fave heroine in my fics.
Thanks for reading! Razz
anika
anika

Back to top Go down

Post  anika Sun May 31, 2009 8:57 pm

meah XD wrote:A lot of updates!! XD
Haha. Mulan. Very Happy she's awesome for a princess. Smile)
WOW. If I were Kyleen and I'm stuck under the trap door, I think I'll cry. Smile) I don't like dark places. XD But if it means being with Harry I'm game for it! =D

She's finally gonna embrace her feminine side! YAY! Smile

Post mooore~!!

haha. I updated a lot coz I know I'll be gone for a few days. Very Happy
I looove Mulan! She was my fave when I was a kid.
haha. I feel the same. I don't like dark places too! Neutral
sure! I'll be posting soon! Thanks for reading! Wink
anika
anika

Back to top Go down

Post  PuDd_T Sun May 31, 2009 11:34 pm

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!! Smile) cause i think i stopped here in your notebook Very Happy

i like it! super!1
PuDd_T
PuDd_T

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2008-12-25

Back to top Go down

Post  PuDd_T Sun May 31, 2009 11:35 pm

wow, i made a page 5. Very Happy
PuDd_T
PuDd_T

Back to top Go down

Post  anika Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:03 am

PuDd_T wrote:UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!! Smile) cause i think i stopped here in your notebook Very Happy

i like it! super!1

Hi tippy! hahaha. Really? I think so too. Sure. Maupdate ko soon. Smile
anika
anika

Back to top Go down

Post  anika Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:04 am

CHAPTER 24 (REINCARNATION)

Suddenly, I had this weird feeling that I wanted to actually fix myself up.

I looked at myself in the mirror. I brushed my hair, making sure each stubborn strand was in place. I even put some powder. And I didn’t hesitate one bit.

That was odd. Really odd.

I have never felt this way. I never felt the urge to… well… look pretty.

But pretty for who?

‘Harry’, my mind supplied.

I blushed as I thought about him.

Aaargh! Stop Kyleen! You are being pretty because you want to! Not because of a boy.

I felt like I was reincarnated. I felt like a new person.

In fact, I wasn’t wearing my usual jeans and loose shirt. I was actually wearing a skirt. I never thought about changing.

And the other thing is, I even bought some strawberry-scented body spray yesterday.

I chuckled as I sprayed some on me.

It actually smells good. Even better than the men’s body spray.

Wow. I’ve actually been converted into a girl now.

I think it’s because of Harry.

My door opened and my mom entered the room. She beamed as she saw me.

“Wow. You’re looking very pretty honey,” she smiled at me.

I beamed at her. “I thought a change would be nice.”

She approached me and hugged me. “And it’s a wonderful change honey. I’m happy you’ve turned around.”

“Me too mom.”

“Now Kyleen, can you go get the groceries?” she asked me, handing me a folded piece of paper.

I nodded. “Sure mom.”
anika
anika

Back to top Go down

Post  anika Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:05 am

CHAPTER 25 (WAKE UP SLEEPING BEAUTY)

“Alright,” I said as I scanned the list.

pickles.

corn kernel

butter

apple

ketchup

I’ve got pickles, ketchup, apple, corn kernel…

All that’s left is butter.

Okay. Time to head for that section.

I pushed my cart forward, its wheels making a slight squeak. I could hear the usual eighties music being played on the stereos here.

I didn’t mind though. I always did love music from the eighties.

My cart skidded to a stop as I halted in front of the dairy section. I got the butter there and proceeded to the counter.

All of a sudden, someone tapped my shoulder.

I turned around to see Marie and Trisha grinning at me.

“Hey guys,” I grinned at them.

Trisha smiled after taking a glance at my outfit. “Nice outfit. We’re glad you’ve finally embraced your feminine side.”

Marie nodded in agreement. “It’s about time.”

I nearly forgot that Trisha and Marie owned this super mart. So yeah, they were pretty rich.

“What’s that you’ve got there?” I asked Marie.

She was holding a round plastic container that had these icky green…

Are those molds??

“Oh. This is expired cheese. I think it’s been stale for a month now. Trisha saw it at the warehouse. I thought it might be handy someday,” Marie replied, holding the container as if it were the most precious commodity in the world.

I nodded, unaware how I should react. “Ah… That’s… interesting.”

“Why hello there Kyleen. What happened?” a sarcastic voice said behind me.

I turned around and frowned as I saw who was behind me.

“Great. There’re also Tweedledee and Tweedledum,” Trisha frowned as she crossed her arms.

The person whom I hated the most was standing right in front of me: Tatiana Hansel. And her two dim-witted cronies: Lenny Orphy and Leah Jeero.

Tatiana Han-sell out. I hated her. She’s always been picking on me ever since I refused to let her copy my test paper during the first grade.

We’ve been mortal enemies ever since.

She eyes me, one plucked eyebrow raised.

“I see you’re trying to be a wannabe. What’s the matter? Weren’t you content with your old, pathetic self in your pathetic boy world?” she scoffed.

“Earth to Kyleen. It doesn’t suit you,” Leah giggled, a contemptuous smile on her face.

I felt a pang of pain erupt in my chest. That snide remark had stung me.

“You don’t belong in our world. So stay away.” Lenny jeered.

“And you never will,” Tatiana smirked.

The three giggled.

I clenched my fists.

“Shut up,” I said.

Tatiana sneered at me. “Aw… That’s all you can say? Well, I hope you’ll learn new words. Play’s coming. We wouldn’t want you to make a fool of yourself…”

“Or maybe we do,” Lenny grinned malevolently.

“Either way, we know you’ll ruin it. We seriously thought it was a joke when you auditioned,” Tatiana added.

I didn’t even want to slap them, punch them, or even hit them in any way. Even if I did felt anger bubbling inside me.

I just wanted to run away.

I wanted to run into the comforts of my room and cry there.

They’re right… I don’t belong in the girly world… And I’m bound to ruin the play…

“Tatiana! What’s that?” Trisha suddenly cried out.

The three looked to where Trisha was pointing to. All of a sudden, Marie hurled the one-month cheese at Tatiana.

The green mold started to spread on her white shirt. She gasped as she saw what happened. Or it was more like a sharp intake of breath. Marie gave a high five to Trisha.

“Why you-“ Tatiana gasped as Lenny and Leah tried to clean out her shirt in vain.

“Clean up on Aisle 12!” Trisha shouted and laughed.

The three stormed away and threw furious glances at us. Trisha stuck out her tongue at them.

Marie placed a hand on my shoulder. “Hey, are you okay?”

“I’m… fine… I have to go… Thanks for sticking up for me…” I said and hurriedly went away.

I am not okay. I am far from okay.

I was crying now. I was sobbing into my pillow which I was hugging so tightly.

I didn’t eat dinner. I told my mom that I ate a burger on the way and I was full.

Trisha and Marie called me. But I told them that I was fine.

I can handle this on my own. But…

Darn this was hard.

In a way, what Tatiana and her cow friends said was true. And I changed radically.

Why should I fit in? In fact, I didn’t fit in at all. I don’t know much, if not anything, about all those girly necessities.

I may be good at academics, but I had zero knowledge about being a girl.

And the play…

I’ll just ruin it…

Like the way I did with my Trigonometry… I’m not an actress…

I never was…

It’s been fun but…

I think I should go back to the old me.

And…

I sniffed and rubbed my eyes.

I should quit the play.
anika
anika

Back to top Go down

Post  anika Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:05 am

PuDd_T wrote:wow, i made a page 5. Very Happy

hahaha. er... congrats? LOL.
anika
anika

Back to top Go down

Post  PuDd_T Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:20 am

anika wrote:
PuDd_T wrote:UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!! Smile) cause i think i stopped here in your notebook Very Happy

i like it! super!1

hahaha no, actually, this is where i think i stopped Very Happy remembered the cheese thing Razz that was fun! cheers
mean tatiana! Super Tounge keep going! yey! Joy!

and btw, what's escala? Nope <----- this? dnt get it. :/
PuDd_T
PuDd_T

Back to top Go down

Post  kaisthelimit Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:41 pm

anika wrote:
kai(: wrote:Lol that 'whoopdidoo' made me remember a clip of Harry saying that. Hahahahahaa =))

Thanks for reading! Razz

Sure thing (:
Not yet. Our classes starts on June 8 and I'm not excited lol
Yep, he did (: Argg, I can't find the ani.
(: Well, I like random lol
Cool. I think she'll be my favorite too, soon. Haha.
kaisthelimit
kaisthelimit

Number of posts : 1884
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post  anika Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:09 pm

PuDd_T wrote:
anika wrote:

i like it! super!1

hahaha no, actually, this is where i think i stopped Very Happy remembered the cheese thing Razz that was fun! cheers
mean tatiana! Super Tounge keep going! yey! Joy!

and btw, what's escala? Nope <----- this? dnt get it. :/

I think escala was izzy's group. not sure though. ask dana. Very Happy
Oh. You stopped here? Cool. I'll just update then. haha.
Thanks! I thought it was too common though. LOL. I tend to criticize my own work. Twisted Evil
Thanks tippy!
anika
anika

Back to top Go down

Post  anika Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:12 pm

kai(: wrote:
anika wrote:

Thanks for reading! Razz

Sure thing (:
Not yet. Our classes starts on June 8 and I'm not excited lol
Yep, he did (: Argg, I can't find the ani.
(: Well, I like random lol
Cool. I think she'll be my favorite too, soon. Haha.

Oh? Good luck then kai. Very Happy
awww. I'd have loved to see that. Razz
Thanks! She's the most different so far. Very Happy
anika
anika

Back to top Go down

Post  meah XD Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:31 pm

An update~ XD

I hate those kind of girls... Neutral They're so... MEAN. They should be punished!! =))

POST MORE! Very Happy
meah XD
meah XD

Number of posts : 425
Registration date : 2008-05-16

http://sneakymeiat34.multiply.com and https://www.facebook.com/pr

Back to top Go down

Post  anika Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:48 pm

meah XD wrote:An update~ XD

I hate those kind of girls... Neutral They're so... MEAN. They should be punished!! =))

POST MORE! Very Happy

Oh I know. They should have expired cheese all over them all the time! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
haha. Thanks for reading! Sure thing. I'll be posting.. tomorrow? haha. I dunno. Or later. I have a typed chapter here already. Razz
anika
anika

Back to top Go down

Post  anika Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:36 am

CHAPTER 26 (QUIT)

“Miss Annabelle, I’m sorry but I’d like to quit the play. Give the role of Mulan to someone else,” I said as I stood in front of her. My fingers were holding my handkerchief.

She gasped. “Are you sure Kyleen? I mean, it is possible since it’s still early, but… are you sure?”

Sure? I’m positive. I’m just going to ruin the play anyway. I might as well leave so I’ll spare everyone from the trouble.

I know it’s drastic… I know it’s selfish…

Nah. It’s not selfish. I’d be doing everyone a favour. And I’m pretty sure there are tons of other girls out there who can do better than me.

Way better.

Good thing I told my mom today. She was about to have my costumes done. I told her that I was too scared for the role. She understood as always. Good old mom.

“Well then, if you’re sure, I’ll start looking for someone else,” Miss Annabelle said, though there was a disappointed tone to her voice.

I nodded. “Thank you Miss.”

This is what I liked about her. At least she never demanded a reason once you seemed decisive.

I walked out of her offices. As I got outside, I saw Harry. I nearly jumped. He just appeared out of the blue.

“Oh. Hey Harry,” I said, smiling a bit.

Instead of smiling back, Harry was frowning at me. “I heard you were quitting. Kyleen, are you out of your mind?”

I pursed my lips and shook my head. “Look Harry. I just… I’ll screw it up… And everyone thinks so too. I’d better steer clear from trouble. It was a mistake for me to audition… And so was trying to be a girl.”

I walked past him. He placed an arm on my shoulder. He had a pleading look on his face. I looked at him.

“Harry… Just leave me alone,” I said and brushed him off gently.

He stared at me as I walked away.

He clenched his fists. “No. None of that was ever a mistake.”

Harry swung the door to Miss Annabelle’s office. He nearly made the lady jump as he did so. He entered quite abruptly.

“Miss Annabelle! You can’t-“ he started when Miss Annabelle raised a hand to silence him. He closed his mouth.

“Mister Judd, you know very well you have to knock before you enter,” she said.

Harry sighed and went outside. He shut the door. As he got outside, he knocked on the door twice.

“Come in,” she said.

Harry entered. “Miss Annabelle, about Kyleen…”

“Yes, Harry?”

He gave out a sigh. “Yup. Please don’t find a replacement for her…”

He paused. Miss Annabelle looked up, intrigued.

“I think I can convince her to change her mind.”
anika
anika

Back to top Go down

Post  anika Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:36 am

CHAPTER 27 (SURPRISE)

I pushed open the door to the review center. I was holding my test papers in Trig, which were horribly assorted in my hands. I’ll sort those out later I guess.

So far, I’ve improved a lot. But Danny still gets higher scores.

I’m not bitter though. Danny and I were friends now after all. I had no reason to hate the guy.

I opened the door to see Harry seated behind the table. By now, I was used to this kind of scene between us.

It’s funny though. He isn’t wearing his glasses like he usually does.

“Hey Harry,” I smiled at him as I sat down.

“Oh. Hey. You know, we aren’t going to have a review today,” he grinned at me.

I shot him a confused look, as if he had just spoken an alien language in front of me. “What?”

He stood up, a huge grin on his face. He took my Trig papers away from me and shoved them all inside the table’s cabinet. “Now that that’s cleared, I think we’re ready. Let’s go.”

He took my hand and began dragging me towards the door.

“Harry! What’s going on?” I asked him, rooting my feet to the ground so that he wouldn’t carry me off so easily.

He grinned at me, as if he had just explained the phenomena of black holes. “We are going out and having some fun.”

“Oh no Harry. I will not go in there,” I said as I looked up, my arms crossed as a disapproving frown plastered itself on my face.

Harry grinned. “Oh come on. You need this. All girls need this when they want to get cheered up.”

“I’m not depressed!” I replied heatedly. “And I am not going in there!””

“Yes you are. And you can’t back out because I’ve scheduled an appointment.”

“You what??”

Suddenly, Harry pushed me towards the dreaded place. My hands pushed through the glass doors quite unwillingly and I was plunged into the monstrous lair:

The salon.

I heard the cutting of hair as the scissors began snipping away. The blow driers gave off an annoying, screeching noise as I surveyed the area, a huge frown still stubbornly stuck on my face.

Hm… Majority of the employees here have dyed hair… Just an observation.

Harry and I went to the front desk. A girl with blond and purple (why on earth did she do that?) highlights greeted us.

“Hello!” she said brightly.

“Hi. We’re here for the two o’clock appointment,” Harry said.

The girl ran her finger down a list. Her nails were painted a bright orange. “Ah yes. Judd right? Just go over there and Kenny’ll sort you out right away.”

“Thanks,” Harry said, ushering me to go to a red, plush seat.

We both sat down and waited. Finally, one assistant approached us. She had spiky hair that had red highlights on it. My mouth finally curled into a smile.

Maybe I could have spiky hair like that….

Harry patted my shoulder after seeing my expression.

He grinned at me. “Uh… no.”

I pouted. “Aw fine…”

Still, I bet it would’ve looked great on me.

“Alright. I’m Kenny and I’ll be here to fix you up,” she grinned at me

“Wait a second. What about him?” I asked, pointing to Harry.

Don’t tell me I’m going to go through this battle alone.

“Well, he has no schedule, only you,” Kenny replied.

“No. Harry, I’ll only go through this if you go through it too,” I said.

He looked at me, eyes wide. I crossed my arms and gave him the I-will-not-budge look. Finally, he gave out a sigh, scratched his head, and nodded.

“Fine. Give me the same treatment too,” he sighed and shot me an indignant look.

I only grinned at him. “Hey. All for one and one for all.”

“You know, this is actually quite relaxing,” Harry said as he had his nails trimmed.

I smiled. “I know. Who knew.”

We were on chairs now and two girls were trimming our nails. Harry and I just had a really nice foot scrub. I felt all of the stress slowly dissipate as I got pampered.

“So… What got you depressed?” Harry asked.
I sighed.

Maybe I should tell him.

“Okay Harry…” I said and started telling him the story.

“Horridious, ugly cows,” Harry frowned after I had narrated what happened to me.

It was kind of painful, but I’m glad I let it out. Especially when Harry said that Tatiana and her friends were dim-witted cows.

“But… Maybe what they said was true… I’ll just ruin stuff,” I admitted glumly.

Harry shook his head. “Nah. Don’t listen to them Kyleen. Look, you were good, really. The judges wouldn’t have deemed you qualified if you weren’t. in my opinion, you rocked the audition. And… I like you as a girl because…”

He was looking at me intently when he suddenly blushed.

“Because of what Harry?” I ventured.

“Um… Okay. Because you’re beautiful. Very beautiful,” he finally admitted, a bit red now.

I blushed as well as I heard what he said.

I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. “Er… Thanks Harry.”

My heart began throbbing once more.

I never thought any guy would say that to me. Especially someone as handsome and as cute as Harry…

“Miss, time for your haircut,” the lady trimming my nails said.

“Oh. Right,” I said, still thinking about what Harry had said. Or more like daydreaming…
I sat on another chair now, facing a huge shiny mirror.

A man with pink highlights approached me, scissors in hand. He looked at me for a while, as if I were an interesting breed of super bacteria. He moved my head from time to time.

“I think side bangs and a layered cut would do you fine,” he smiled at me.

I held one strand of my hair as I looked at the mirror.

Was I prepared to finally chop off my long hair?

To be honest, it kind of pained me to think that I’d finally let this go but…

I think I should start anew.

I smiled, finally making a decision. “Yes. I’d love that.”

“Voila!” the guy said as he finished cutting the last bits.

I looked at myself in the mirror and all I could think was…

Is that me?

I looked different… I looked…. Better. Getting a haircut was the best thing that I have ever given myself.

“I love it…” I smiled as I admired myself. “Thank you.”

The guy nodded and walked away.
Suddenly, Harry walked up to me. He placed his hands on my shoulder and smiled.

“You look so much better. Really,” he said.

I stood up and faced him. “Thanks. I like the change myself.”

I turned to face the mirror.

“OH!!” I suddenly heard Harry exclaim.

He slowly took out his jacket and gave it to me. I stared at it. What was I supposed to do with this?

“Before anything, wrap that around your waist,” he instructed me, a serious tone to his voice.

Jeez. He sounded like a paranoid general.

Wrap it around my waist? Why?

“Why?” I asked him.

He shot me a confused look, like I knew what he was talking about and I was just playing dumb. “Don’t tell me you don’t know you have your period today?”

I gaped at him, my eyes stretching out. “P-period?”

Period? The red tide? I actually have it now????

As in…

NOW???

“I’ve never had my period before!!” I sputtered.

I turned around and checked my pants in the mirror and gasped.

There it was! A dark… red… blotchy stain!

I could only stare at my reflection in disbelief.

I can’t believe it…

I’m having my period for the first time…
anika
anika

Back to top Go down

Post  MEG Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:51 pm

anika wrote:
MEG wrote:After a hundred years I've finally read this!
Update again! PBJT!
elephant

Oh Hi baboy! hahaha. pig pig pig pig pig
Well, Harry has a huge effect on her. That's why. Very Happy Very Happy
Oh I know. If there weren't much, it would be a total bore. Very Happy
weh? bata ka pa ka gani lipatwon ka na ya. haha. joke lang baboy. Razz Razz
aww... Miss you. See you on june 8.
I shall update... tomorrow I guess. I Just came from iloilo kanina. Very Happy
Thanks for reading baboy! Wink

Haha. I have a short term memory. What do you siggest I do about it?
laugh together
Miss ya too!!! I will see you on June8...or will I? Twisted Evil haha. (planning to ditch school...ooops...did I just type that down?)
anyway.. really funny! I don't why I find it funny but Kyleen had her period! haha.
speaking of funny... found videos on this site which are really hilarious! the 5th video (or was it the 4th?) and the last one really cracked me up...http://newmoontrailer.com/
Just wanna share!
MEG
MEG

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2009-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next